Wednesday, March 27, 2013

March 21st - Classwork

Posting a little late, last Thursday was my first ever lesson in portraiture/head drawing. Back to charcoal... definitely not my strong suit. Also, I am terrible at drawing people's likenesses, probably because I'm moderately faceblind. As always, any progress is good progress, I keep on telling myself. Bleh. Post, post post... 2 hours, done in the same Sustained Figurative Concepts class. Zin stepped in at the end and fixed the hair and the corner of the mouth a bit.



I got slammed on the last full figure nupaste I did...man everyone in the class is getting so good! I need to pay more attention to plane detail. Realism is really really tough. What is the best way to train your own eyes and brain to "see"? I plan on fixing her up for our end of year review to see if I can raise my grade a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment