Saturday, August 3, 2013

Settling in with the new Cintiq 13HD

It's here!!! Today marks the first day that I've been able to get my new Cintiq 13HD up and running. It came earlier this week, but I didn't realize a mini-display to HDMI converter would be needed to get it functional on my macbook.

I just spent 2 hours getting everything all hooked up and installed. So folks, this is what it looks like to spend your hard earned savings on some pretty swank new equipment, only to balance it on the tv tray that passes for a desk in the livingroom/diningroom/office space that my boyfriend and I share in our overpriced tiny apartment in SF. Behold!



The cintiq itself is thin, beautiful and only about 2.5lbs, so it seems wondrously portable. But after including the separate power and cables, my macbook, and the USB keyboard hooked up to give it at least some semblance of being ergonomic? Not so much. My setup is super janky - but it is also surprisingly comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment