Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Chiaroscuro Class Assignment #03



Done during studio class, about 4 hours of total work. It's still unfinished, but marks today's progress: a lesson about glass. It was really great to see the wide variety of styles and different ways of interpreting the same thing. Even with the same medium, every student work was really distinctive. Talking to some of my classmates to get a sense of how they work, struggle and triumph with the process realizes the shared sense of camaraderie as well as helps grow technique.

I've been expecting to feel more behind since the majority of students there have an undergraduate degree in a related field, but I feel like I'm actually holding my own okay. Despite it being such a humbling experience, class is definitely the highlight of my weekdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment