Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Character Design Homework #2

This week's homework was to do another version of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde as a silhouette study. My version was of Mr. Jeck Hull, an intrepid Canadian explorer in the 1940's going through the mountains in search of a creature terrorizing some local livestock near a native burial ground. But there is something wrong with the land, and he finds himself turning into a confused, threatening beast only known as "The Hide."

This was my first time doing these, and it was really difficult. Honestly I don't think I did a very good job of defining and pushing my shapes, and if I had time, I'd do another page of both characters. Still, it was fun to do, and I resolve to do more of these on my own time, especially when preparing for longer term projects.




No comments:

Post a Comment