Sunday, March 22, 2015

March Daily #5

Couldn't find anything compelling around the house to set up for my still life today, so I switched gears back to people.

Previous to this I had been doing all of my human studies first in black and white first, then laying on color as overlays and paint overs. It usually takes a long time, and I find it a lot more difficult to push the color where I wanted it to be. This one was just straight into color, and I finally feel like I'm making progress again. Plus, it only took a little over an hour. (half as much time as the last one took me!)

I'm still trying to figure out the process that works best for me and trying not to worry about style. If anyone has tips, please share them and help me critique! (especially my badass concept artist friends!) 


No comments:

Post a Comment